Thursday, December 1, 2011

Vintage Erotica: Petroglyph of a Vulva

I abandoned my planned vintage erotica series in frustration because I couldn't find the picture I wanted anywhere. Thanks to the mighty Wikipedia, I finally tracked it (or a remarkably similar engraving) down.

I first saw this design in a natural history museum, where it was labeled as "either a vulva or a hoofprint." This particular vulva currently residents in the French Musée des antiquités nationales. I'm having a hard time tracking down the exact age of this particular carving. I can tell you that this particular picture is prehistoric, but I can't find the exact estimated time period.

If you like what you see here, you'll be happy to know that vulva-form petroglyphs are a reoccuring theme across the globe. Humans just love drawing vulvas--almost as much as we love drawing dicks.

Picture is after the jump. It's probably safe for work unless your boss really hates rocks. Once again, my thanks to Wikimedia Commons.



No comments:

Post a Comment