Wednesday, November 16, 2011

FACT

I know I'm about five years too late to jump on the Twilight-hate bandwagon*, but I can't stop giggling** over this website.

Fact: Quileute people do not turn into wolves


Did anyone actually think that? I mean, really?

* Ok, so I don't actually hate Twilight with a firey passion or anything. I just missed the target age range for the books; Harry Potter was the Big Thing when I was in high school, with the much-hyped release of the last book happening just at the end of my senior year. I never saw the appeal of sparkly vampires but I'm not prepared to trash them either. There's a longer post in me about what Twilight meant to teenage girls and why that sparkly Adonis vampire appeal is thinking about as a writer, but that rambling will have to wait for another day.

** Using a real native tribe for a dubious charicature isn't funny, but I just can't stop thinking about the kind of person who would ask someone if they had "magical wolf genes of 24 chromosomal pairs." Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment